Conditional formatting based on one cell in a row

  1. #1
    achidsey
    Guest

    Conditional formatting based on one cell in a row

    Dear Experts:

    I want to format each row in my spreadsheet based on whether the date in one
    cell in that row is prior to today, today or withing the next 30 days, or
    more than 30 days in the future.

    My spreadsheet is similar to the following:

    A B C
    1 Name Deadline Filed
    2 Broadcom 8/01/05 Yes
    3 Dell 8/23/05 No
    4 Intel 9/23/05 No

    For the filled-in cells in each row, I would like to have the following
    formatting:
    - a fill color of yellow if the date for that row in column B is today or
    within the next 30 days,
    - a fill color of light blue if the date for that row in column B is before
    today
    - leave as the default of no fill if the date is more than 30 days in the
    future.

    Of course, the formatting for a given row will be different depending on
    what day the speadsheet is opened.

    Thanks for your assistance,

    Alan
    [email protected]

    --
    achidsey

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting based on one cell in a row

    Since you use the term conditional formatting, are you aware you can do this
    with Conditional formatting under the format menu - no macro required.

    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

    look in the contents under C and conditional formatting.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting based on one cell in a row

    Select all the cells A2 on and use formulae of

    =AND(B2>=TODAY(),B2<=TODAY()+30)
    =B2<TODAY()

    set the pattern colours accordingly

    RP