custom formating text

  1. #1
    Mart
    Guest

    custom formating text

    Hello

    I am using excel and i want to add space to text. Eg I have text like
    EE1234567890 and i want excel to display it as EE 1234567 890 in the same
    cell, without cuting it to peaces ( this is because i minght need to copy it
    to word)

    Thanks

    Mart

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: custom formating text

    formatting such as that only pertains to values stored as numbers, so you
    would physically have to add spaces or display it in another cell using a
    formula to insert the spaces.

    You could write a macro to put in the spaces and write another to take them
    out.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Xcelion
    Guest

    RE: custom formating text

    Hi Mart ,

    You could use a formula like this =LEFT(A1,2) & " " & MID(A1,3,7) & " " &
    RIGHT(A1,3) provided your string legth and format doesn't change(here A1 has
    the required string)

    Thanks
    Xcelion