How to Round up to nearest whole number at a specific decimal?

  1. #1
    trpost
    Guest

    How to Round up to nearest whole number at a specific decimal?

    I have been bouncing this around a few days and I can't seem to get it.

    What I need is a formula that will round a cell up to the next whole number
    at a specified decimal, and down below that decimal.

    example

    A1=480
    B1=A1/350 - Result = 1.3714...

    I need this example to round up at 0.1428 and down at 0.1427, in this case
    result would be "2"

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Doug Glancy
    Guest

    Re: How to Round up to nearest whole number at a specific decimal?

    trpost,

    I believe this formula does what you want:

    =IF(MOD(A1/350,1)>=0.1428,ROUNDUP(A1/350,0),INT(A1/350))

    the Mod function in this case returns the decimal portion of the number
    (there may be a more direct function, I'm not sure).

    hth,

    Doug

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    trpost
    Guest

    Re: How to Round up to nearest whole number at a specific decimal?

    You, My good man are a Lifesaver!!!

    I am kinda new to this excel stuff and you just made look so freakin cool
    tomorrow when I go into the office with this solved!

    Thanks,
    Travis

  4. #4
    Doug Glancy
    Guest

    Re: How to Round up to nearest whole number at a specific decimal?

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Brian
    Guest

    RE: How to Round up to nearest whole number at a specific decimal?

    Try the roundup() and rounddown() functions.