hiding rows with a macro

  1. #1
    Lee
    Guest

    hiding rows with a macro

    I haven't done any kind of programming in about 5 years. What I want to do
    is, have a IF function in cell "A1" that checks if "C1" has anything <> than
    0. If it is <> 0 leave row1 visable, if it =0 then hide row1. I need to do
    this for about 20 rows, if later data is entered in "C1" thru "C20"it would
    automatically Hide or unhide the rows.

    is this possible?

  2. #2
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: hiding rows with a macro

    I don't think you can do it in a cell, but you could do it with VBA.
    I see a possible flaw in your arrangement. You say you want to automatically
    hide or unhide rows depending on the value of a cell in that row. If the row
    is hidden, you would not be able to edit the data, so you would never be in
    a position where the row needs to be unhidden.

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: hiding rows with a macro

    There are innumerable answers in the archives:

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...ugroup=*excel*

    But I've got a question for you: If row 1 is hidden, how will the user
    enter anything in Row 1? Yes, it can be done, but it's hardly user
    friendly.

  4. #4
    Lee
    Guest

    Re: hiding rows with a macro

    I forgot to mention that the information in Cell "C1" is coming from another
    sheet