Date in Combi Box

  1. #1
    Graham Fowler
    Guest

    Date in Combi Box

    Good day to all, I am a newbie trying to get a date in the English format
    i.e. dd/mmm/yy into a combo box on a userform. My problem is that the
    RowSource of the Combo Box is a sheet cell which shows the correct format,
    the drop down list shows the correct format, but when it is selected the
    Combo Box shows an excel serial number, or depending on format the date in
    the American style i.e. mmm/dd/yy. Is it possible to do what I want?

    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Graham

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Date in Combi Box

    The easiest solution is to load the combobox with code. Instead of loading
    it with the value of the cell, load it with the formatted version of the
    cell

    combobox1.AddItem cell.Text

    You would load the combobox this way rather than using rowsource.

    You could do it in the initialize or activate events.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...