Can Anyone Explain This?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Paul Smith
    Guest

    Can Anyone Explain This?

    I have developed a workbook on my laptop. This has now been deployed and it
    acts differently from how it does on my laptop.

    On my laptop the workbook closes it closes without a hitch. When it closes
    from it's deployed position on the network, the application apparently seems
    to close without any hitch, but when Excel is then closed the workbook
    password for the VBA project appears???????

    Just to confirm the workbook closes, or at least is not visible in the Excel
    window, but is still present because it is seen in the Project Explorer
    window of the VBA editor. When Excel is then closes the password dialog box
    appears.

    I should add that the VBA project is password protected.

    In case it is relevant, the workbook cannot be saved because saving is
    disabled in the Workbook_BeforeSave event using cancel = True, I also have
    ThisWorkbook.Saved = True in the Workbook_BeforeClose event to prevent the
    user being offered the option to save.

    So once again this all work fine on my laptop but seems to have some problem
    when run from a network location. Initially I was think some kind of
    permissioning problem but why would code, which does not appear to need any
    permission, run fine on my laptop, but not on the network. It is not like
    it is generating an error, just seemingly not running to completion and
    closing the workbook as it should!

  2. #2

    Re: Can Anyone Explain This?

    This isn't an exact fit, but some people wrote about similar problems when
    google's desktop search was installed.

    One work-around:
    http://google.co.uk/groups?selm=422E...PAM.com&rnum=1

    And another complete guess--how about temporarily disabling your antivirus
    program and doing some testing.