Run-Time Error 424 - Object Required

  1. #1
    SpottyTash
    Guest

    Run-Time Error 424 - Object Required

    Help please.

    I am using Excel2003.

    I have a dialog box with a number of Editboxes - the user enters info in the
    edit box and I then want that info in a given cell (B6) on Worksheet
    (Information Sheet)

    This is only one line and I have applied this to the OK button

    Sub Button2_Click()
    Worksheets("Information Sheet").Range("B6") = TextBox16.Text
    End Sub

    I have tried using EditBox16.Text and I still get the same error each time.

    Thanks

    Spottytash

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Run-Time Error 424 - Object Required

    Maybe something like:

    Sub Button2_Click()
    Worksheets("Information Sheet").Range("B6") = _
    DialogSheets("Dialog1").Editboxes(1).Text
    End Sub

    But why not just link the edit box to the cell.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SpottyTash
    Guest

    Re: Run-Time Error 424 - Object Required

    Tom would love to be able to do that but not sure how.

    I have already created the dialog box with all its edit boxes. I have some
    other items in the dialog box - some drop dowm lists and some Yes/No options
    and when I go into properties I can link a cell easily. I just dont seem to
    be able to do that with the edit boxes and I am not sure why?

    Spottytash

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Run-Time Error 424 - Object Required

    My fault. Editboxes don't have the capability to be linked. I can't say
    why.