how to replace drawing with text in that cell

  1. #1
    Hshah
    Guest

    how to replace drawing with text in that cell

    I have imported data from web to excel and it comes with check boxes
    (picture). When I select any particular cell with that check box, cell is
    empty. I need to export this information in my Access database. When I do
    that no check box is exported. Check boxes are marked as "picture 1" to
    "picture 340". Every check box have diff. name. Is there any way I can
    replace this check boxes with text as "YES" in the respective cell.

    Please help

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Gareth
    Guest

    Re: how to replace drawing with text in that cell

    Pictures are considered as shapes in Excel. You could try looping
    through each picture.

    Dim shp as shape

    For each shp in activesheet.shapes
    shp.delete
    Next shp

    This should start you off. You then need to tackle writing YES in the cell.

    HTH,
    Gareth

  3. #3

    Re: how to replace drawing with text in that cell

    Building on Gareth's suggestion...

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()
    Dim Pict As Picture
    For Each Pict In ActiveSheet.Pictures
    If LCase(Pict.Name) Like "picture *" Then
    Pict.TopLeftCell.Value = "Yes"
    Pict.Delete
    End If
    Next Pict
    End Sub

  4. #4
    Hshah
    Guest

    Re: how to replace drawing with text in that cell

    Thanks Dave it works perfact.

    Thanks Again.
    Himanshu