How can I remove all traces of XLM macros?

  1. #1
    keithb
    Guest

    How can I remove all traces of XLM macros?

    I have a spread-sheet that thinks it still has an XLM macro. I cannot find
    the macro in the macro sheet. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I
    can find this macro? (when security is set to "Medium" the sheet opens with
    the option to enable/disable macros. If you choose to "disable" the sheet
    comes back with the warning that the macro was created with Excel v4 (XLM)
    and cannot be disabled)

    Thanks,

    Keith

  2. #2
    spreadsheetsolutions4u
    Guest

    RE: How can I remove all traces of XLM macros?

    Hi Keith,

    In the visual basic editor (press 'Alt' & 'F11'), try deleting the module.
    It will probably be named 'Module 1'. Save and reopen. This should do the
    trick!!
    Let me know if this works!
    www.spreadsheetsolutions4u.com

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: How can I remove all traces of XLM macros?

    Hi Keith,

    Try deleting the macro sheet.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: How can I remove all traces of XLM macros?

    Keith-

    The mere presence of an Excel 4 macro sheet, even if empty, will trigger
    this warning. So as Norman said, you must delete any such sheets.

    --
    Jim

  5. #5
    keithb
    Guest

    Re: How can I remove all traces of XLM macros?

    The 'Macro1' sheet does not show up in the IDE; however it does show up in
    the normal Excel spreadsheet view and I was able to delete it.

    Thanks,

    Keith

    "spreadsheetsolutions4u" <[email protected]>