supressing system warning messages

  1. #1
    Grand Canyon, AZ

    supressing system warning messages

    I am certain that this question has been asked and answered, so if you can point me to the messase I will take it from there. I create a new workbook from a button on a template, and it works great. The button sits on a seperate worksheet, a worksheet that I delete from the created file. When I delete, excel spits out a warning message that I want to turn off, delete the worksheet, and turn the warning messages back on. I know it is in one of the 3 or 4 books I have on exce, but I can't find it because I don't know how they index it.

    And by the way, my project has moved light years ahead because of this forum. So to one and all THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU

    Paul

  2. #2
    Philippines

    Talking

    Hello ppete83606!
    To turn warning messages on/off, you can simply set Application.DisplayAlerts to True/False.

    Quote Originally Posted by ppete83606

  3. #3
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: supressing system warning messages

    try this

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False

    --

    Gary

    "ppete83606" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Rowan
    Guest

    Re: supressing system warning messages

    Hi Paul

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False

    Remember to set it back to True again at the end of your macro and to be
    safe also as part of your errorhandling.

    Regards
    Rowan