diabling the macro alert in opening files

  1. #1
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    diabling the macro alert in opening files

    I have scheduled a task in my computer for opening a workbook at a particulr
    time and run the macro in thisworkbook.open event in that workbook
    the macro was designed by me so there is not much chance of getting an
    external virus. in those circumstances i would like to run the schedule and
    the computer should not ask whether to enable the macros.

    .. I understand that displayalerts=false works only after the macro starts
    to run. and not while opening the file.and before running the macro

    any suggestions.

  2. #2

    Re: diabling the macro alert in opening files

    Change your macro security settings to low???

  3. #3
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: diabling the macro alert in opening files

    Save your code as an addin

    Depending on the file you need to access you may need to have the addin in
    one file and the "data" in another, your task opens the addin which acts on
    the Data file with or without opening it.

    using the addin format is like registring the code as acceptable on your
    machine

  4. #4
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: diabling the macro alert in opening files

    thank you very much. I have added an addin and if I uncheck this addin and
    again chek it the data file opens and it runs the macro without asking
    whether to enable macros . ok
    i know how to schedule an excel file to open(windows 98SE). how to schedule
    an addin

    news:[email protected]...