Controlling VB executable from Excel File

  1. #1
    Graham Masters
    Guest

    Controlling VB executable from Excel File

    I have a VB 6.0 exectutable that opens a specific Excel 97 file and contains
    a timer event to close the Excel file if dormant. This works well. I need
    to add a further control such that on closing the Excel 97 file the VB
    executable also closes. Any ideas how to do this?

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Controlling VB executable from Excel File

    Graham,
    You have the source code the VB app ?

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Graham Masters
    Guest

    Re: Controlling VB executable from Excel File

    Nick,
    Not sure what you mean!

  4. #4
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Controlling VB executable from Excel File

    Graham,
    You want to edit the VB6 app to achieve your goal or you working from VBA to
    control the VB6 app ?

  5. #5
    Graham Masters
    Guest

    Re: Controlling VB executable from Excel File

    I need to write VBA in Excel so that when the User closes the Excel file the
    VB executable also closes.

  6. #6
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: Controlling VB executable from Excel File

    How about a second (more frequent) timer in the VB app which checks to see
    if the opened file is still open.
    If the file is closed then the app closes itself. That saves you from
    replicating the "close vb app" code across multiple workbooks.

    --
    Tim Williams
    Palo Alto, CA