excel limit data entry range, control cursor movement to 2 cols

  1. #1
    Bob
    Guest

    excel limit data entry range, control cursor movement to 2 cols

    control cursor movement to 2 columns, left to right, jump to line 2. Able to
    protect columns to right, but cursor jumps to column 3.

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: excel limit data entry range, control cursor movement to 2 cols

    You can limit the scroll area. In the VBE select the sheet you want to limit
    and then in the properties set the scroll area to the two columns you want...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Bob
    Guest

    RE: excel limit data entry range, control cursor movement to 2 col

    Found VBE: Tools -> Macro -> VBE
    Screen goes to gray, only selection I see is "save", I don't see how to
    select a sheet, and don't see any menu drop down for properties. Read about
    VBE, but not used...

  4. #4
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: excel limit data entry range, control cursor movement to 2 col

    There are a couple of parts to the VBE that are important here. They are all
    selected from the view menu

    Project Explorer - Gives you a data treee structure similar to windows
    explorer but it shows the workbooks and worksheets and any code modules or
    forms that yu have. It is here htat you cna select which sheet you want to
    modify by double clicking the sheet.

    Properties - This gives you a list of properties for the itme you select in
    the project explorer. This is where you will find a setting for the scroll
    area.

    Code Window - Not important for this task but it is where you would write
    code if that was you plan...

    By clicking on the itmes in the view tab you can make the different windows
    visible.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  5. #5
    Bob
    Guest

    RE: excel limit data entry range, control cursor movement to 2 col

    After I highlighted the range in excel sheet, it worked like a charm.
    Thanks, CTRL-R, F4