Macros from German excel don't work with English version

  1. #1
    Klaus Heinrich
    Guest

    Macros from German excel don't work with English version

    Hi folks

    I wrote some macros in German version of Excel 2003.
    When trying to start them with English version of Excel 2003 ( both on XP )
    I receive the following message:

    Run-time error '-2147319784 (80028018)
    Method 'Activate' of object'_Worksheet' failed

    for this line of my coding: ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Artikel").Activate

    I searched the web and found some hints about
    globalization and localosation of VBA project.
    I did not really understand if there is any chance to convert
    my German VBA code into an international version.

    Any hints on this ?

    Thanks in advanced

    Klaus

  2. #2
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: Macros from German excel don't work with English version

    Not sure about the general issue but the specific problem you highlight
    suggests that the worksheet named "Artikel" does not exist or it is hidden -
    I do not think this is a language version issue?

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Klaus Heinrich
    Guest

    Re: Macros from German excel don't work with English version

    Hi Nigel,

    thanks for your reply. It is in fact a language problem.
    I created a new sub in the same workbook in English enviroment
    with same vba statement and it worked fine.

    I allready googled the runtime error, but there were too many
    confusing hints that I didn't understand. So I am not sure
    what to do or if there is a chance to convert vba.

    Thanks

    Klaus

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Macros from German excel don't work with English version

    Check out Stephen Bullen's free chapter on International Issues in Excel:

    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/ExcelProgRef/...rogRefCh22.htm
    International Issues

    Tom Ogilvy