how do I edit a record in database

  1. #1
    Ashu
    Guest

    how do I edit a record in database

    in EXCEL 2000
    I have a large database with customer names, address, phone no.,
    and so on, 8 columns total. In a userform the customer name is chosen
    from a combobox and entered, the balance of the customer information is
    then pulled out of the database using "VLOOKUP" and applied to the
    worksheet. I now need to change some of the data for some of the
    customers but the user easily gets lost looking through the database.
    I would like to create another userform that would allow the user to
    find the customer and edit the phone no. or address or contact name.
    And then the updated info would be changed in the database. I am not
    sure how to replace the old data with the new data w/ code. I also used
    The dataform but it will not give me the results desired, I really need
    to do this with vba I think.

    Best Of Luck,

    Ashu

  2. #2
    Ashish
    Guest

    Re: how do I edit a record in database

    Hi All,
    I would really appreciate some help in this......

    Ashish

  3. #3

    Re: how do I edit a record in database

    Maybe the response you got in .excel will help--maybe not.