Accept Cell Edit

  1. #1
    Oliver Flint
    Guest

    Accept Cell Edit

    Hi,

    I not too farmilar with Excel VBA so sorry if this is a bit basic but I
    cannot find a resolution anywhere on the net.

    Basically, All I want to do is make sure that any data entered into the
    active cell is accepted/confirmed and if not accept/confirm it.

    Cheers in advance.

    Ollie

  2. #2
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: Accept Cell Edit

    use validation. see help
    news:#[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Accept Cell Edit

    Could you explain just what you mean by "accepted/confirmed"?

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Accept Cell Edit

    Hi Oliver,

    In VBA, there is no requirement for an equivalent to to use of the Enter key
    in Excel to confirm an entry: a simple assignment suffices, e.g:

    Range("A1").Value = 100

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  5. #5
    Oliver Flint
    Guest

    Re: Accept Cell Edit

    When you type data into a cell it is not fully accepted until you hit enter
    select another cell or click the tick by the formular bar.

    news:exH%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Oliver Flint
    Guest

    Re: Accept Cell Edit

    By doing that you are assuming you know what data the user has entered.

    Until you hit enter or select another cell etc. The value property is empty.

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Accept Cell Edit

    Hi Oliver,

    I think that you will need to explain your requirements in more detail to
    render them intelligible.

    However a macro cannot run while Excel is in edit mode and Excel does not
    leave edit mode until an entry has been confirmed or cancelled

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  8. #8
    Oliver Flint
    Guest

    Re: Accept Cell Edit

    Ah, So you can't run macros while excel is in edit mode. Is there any way to
    detect if excel is in edit mode?

    More detail...
    My excel addin creates a toolbar button that when pressed saves a copy of
    the file and imports it into our document mangement system.
    The problem I have is a get a run time error if excel is in edit mode (this
    has now been cleared up). So, I now need to detect when excel goes into edit
    mode a disable the button.

    Cheers for all you help

    Ollie

    news:urxY6%[email protected]...