can anyone suggest a good tutorial?

  1. #1
    DanielWalters6
    Guest

    can anyone suggest a good tutorial?

    Could anyone suggest a good online tutorial of Excel Programming please?

    Have been trying to find out bits and bobs, but would prefer to have a
    "lesson". If that makes sense.

    Thank you for your time

    Dan

    --
    iPod's ROCK!

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: can anyone suggest a good tutorial?

    Hi Daniel,

    See David McRitchies's VBA Tutorials page:

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...m#vbatutorials

    See also David's GetStarted page:

    See foot of page for tutorial links.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ken Hudson
    Guest

    RE: can anyone suggest a good tutorial?

    Hi Dan,
    I'll give you my two cents....
    As a reference, I would rate myself as an intermediate level programmer, a
    four on a ten scale.
    I took a college programming course many years ago that gave me the basics
    of variables, looping, dimensioning, etc.
    A few years ago I became interesetd in VBA programming within Excel. I
    bought a help book written by John Walkenbach about VBA Programming in Excel
    and read it and re-read parts of it several times. A little bit of it sank
    in. I tried to create simple macros and used the record a macro utility in
    Excel and this discussion group a whole lot to get over my hurdles. I also
    used VBA help as much as I could.
    I have learned new code structure as I moved along, developing more complex
    macros over time.
    For me, my progression was a combnination of many inputs, a lot of time and
    a lot of trial and error.
    I also feel that it takes a certain amount of logic to move up the
    proficiency scale. Some people can look at a problem and figure out right
    away how to get to the end product given a set of available data. Those folks
    with more of that logic are going to be able to write code much more
    efficiently.
    Folks that don't have any of it are going to struggle.
    Hope this helps.
    --
    Ken Hudson

  4. #4
    DanielWalters6
    Guest

    RE: can anyone suggest a good tutorial?

    Hey I feel that I have most of the qualities that you said are required. (Not
    being big headed, ouch won't fit out front door)

    Could you name me the book? Could you possibly also give me the ISBN number
    of it so that I could get hold of a copy, if you suggest it. (I'm a beginner,
    in the Playing around with Record A Macro Function In Excel, stage.)

    Although I'm doing a long course ICT GCSE (and finding it VERY tedious, IT
    staff in school predict an A* from me)

    Is there any other material that you could suggest I get my hands on?

    I have a birthday and christmas coming up soon and parents are unsure on
    what titles to get me.

    Thankyou for all your time and effort, I've looked into the Programming A
    Level that my college are offering, and am positive that I will be signing up
    to it.

    Thanks once again

    Daniel

    --
    iPod's ROCK!

  5. #5
    DanielWalters6
    Guest

    Re: can anyone suggest a good tutorial?

    Thankyou for your time and effort. I appreciate it. Have checked out the
    links

    Hope that I'm able to help you in the future (as unlikely as it is)

    Dan

    --
    iPod's ROCK!