VBA module not responding!??

  1. #1
    alainr
    Guest

    VBA module not responding!??

    Excel does not seem to be using the version of a macro that is attached to
    the worksheet module. Any changes I make to the module (breakpoints, code
    change, etc...) at not reflected when I call the macro (either from the VBA
    interface or from Excel worksheet push-button or from Macro menu). I tried
    to open and close Excel, and still... I can't make a change to my macro.

    Is it possible that there is a cached version of my old VBA module hidden
    somewhere??

    What is going on?

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: VBA module not responding!??

    Did you make resave your workbook under a new file name? And/Or do you have
    another workbook open (maybe the one you copied from) that has macros with
    the same name? Check in particular your personal workbook, personal.xls.
    Look in the Project Explorer under all the projects listed for a sub with the
    same name. Also look at the list that comes up in the Macros menu - if it
    has a workbook name before it, like Book2!MyMacro, that shows which book
    contains the code that is running.
    --
    - K Dales

  3. #3
    Simon Murphy
    Guest

    Re: VBA module not responding!??

    try edit replace option explicit with 'option explicit, compile, then put
    back the option explicit
    VBA does cache a copy of your vba code in byte code, changing option
    explicit forces it to re compile properly
    This is not a good sign though - be sure to use Rob Boveys code cleaner
    asap - from www.appspro.com
    cheers
    Simon

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    alainr
    Guest

    Re: VBA module not responding!??

    Many thanks, you suggestion works.

    That is spooky behavior. I will definitely look into that code cleaner.