How do I get beyond the upper limit of 65,500 records on Excel?

  1. #1
    Nicholas Korsakov
    Guest

    How do I get beyond the upper limit of 65,500 records on Excel?

    How do I get beyond the upper limit of 65,500 records on Excel?

    I have a lot of csv files in text that I routinely convert to Excel files,
    and sometimes Excel chokes on the size if it gets beyond a certain amount of
    rows.

    Is there a way of getting around this?
    I need to be able to display the rows too, besides being able to work with
    them.

    - Nicholas

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: How do I get beyond the upper limit of 65,500 records on Excel?

    Hi Nicholas,

    See MSKB Knowledge Base Article # 120596

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    "Nicholas Korsakov" <Nicholas [email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    That may be one of the most useful macros I have found. For months I have been splitting the CSV file using notepad then saving them as seperate files.

    The irony is that now I have a solution, I don't need it because i have a new job any it is someone elses problem.

  4. #4
    R. Choate
    Guest

    Re: How do I get beyond the upper limit of 65,500 records on Excel?

    Now THAT is funny. Best of luck in your new job, Swedish Max !
    --
    RMC,CPA

    news:[email protected]...

    swedish max's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24408