Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

cursor behavious when restricting selection to unlocked cells

  1. #1
    kaininito
    Guest

    cursor behavious when restricting selection to unlocked cells

    Hi

    I have created a workbook in which I limit cursor movement to
    unprotected
    cells, by using the VBA code

    With Worksheets(Sheet.Name)
    .EnableSelection =3D xlUnlockedCells
    End With

    This works fine but the cursor now shows strange behaviour, which is
    quite annoying:

    *** when the cursor reaches the right-most unprotected cell in a
    particular
    row, it wraps to the left-most unprotected cell in the next row (i.e.
    next
    row that contains an unprotected cell)

    *** when the cursor reaches the bottom-most unprotected cell in a
    particular
    column, it wraps to the top-most unprotected cell in the next column
    (i.e.
    next column that contains an unprotected cell)

    Is it possible to prevent this?
    I think I am not the only one who often keeps the "up" or the "left"
    key pressed until reaching the top/left, but with this cursor behaviour
    the cursor jumps to where I don=B4t want it to go.

    Thanks
    Kai

  2. #2
    Peter
    Guest

    Re: cursor behavious when restricting selection to unlocked cells

    Hi,

    Instead of using the vba-code, you could try setting the sheets properties.
    This might be easyer.
    Also check out the cell's properties, they might be set the wrong way.

    Regards,
    Peter
    "kaininito" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...
    Hi

    I have created a workbook in which I limit cursor movement to
    unprotected
    cells, by using the VBA code

    With Worksheets(Sheet.Name)
    .EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
    End With

    This works fine but the cursor now shows strange behaviour, which is
    quite annoying:

    *** when the cursor reaches the right-most unprotected cell in a
    particular
    row, it wraps to the left-most unprotected cell in the next row (i.e.
    next
    row that contains an unprotected cell)

    *** when the cursor reaches the bottom-most unprotected cell in a
    particular
    column, it wraps to the top-most unprotected cell in the next column
    (i.e.
    next column that contains an unprotected cell)

    Is it possible to prevent this?
    I think I am not the only one who often keeps the "up" or the "left"
    key pressed until reaching the top/left, but with this cursor behaviour
    the cursor jumps to where I donīt want it to go.

    Thanks
    Kai

  3. #3
    kaininito
    Guest

    Re: cursor behavious when restricting selection to unlocked cells

    Hi Peter,
    thanks for answering.

    >>Instead of using the vba-code, you could try setting the sheets properties.

    Could you elaborate which properties you are referring to?

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: cursor behavious when restricting selection to unlocked cells

    What do you want the cursor to do. I don't see anything strange in the
    behavior.

    Tom Ogilvy

  5. #5
    kaininito
    Guest

    Re: cursor behavious when restricting selection to unlocked cells

    When the cursor is, for example in row 20 and I want to go to row 1, I
    want to be able to keep the "up" direction key pressed until reaching
    row 1.

    With EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells the cursor does not stop at the
    top of the page (row 1). Once the cursor is in row 1 and "up" is
    pressed again, it jumps down to row 200 (for example).

    Same for column A, if the "left" key is pressed with the cursor in
    column A, it jumps to column AH (for example).

    Kai

Closed Thread