Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

keeping track of time

  1. #1
    jhahes
    Guest

    keeping track of time

    Is there a simple way to do the following.

    Just 1 sheet.

    I want to have a user click a command button and it puts the time at that moment in cell A2. I don't want it to be a now() or today() because when they are done working i want them to click another button that puts the time in cell B2, and my formula will figure the time difference.

    Thanks for any help.

    Josh

  2. #2
    Josh-

    Sub timedelay()
    Cells(2, 1) = "=now()"
    Cells(2, 1) = Cells(2, 1)
    End Sub

    this uses the "now" function then immediately writes over the "function" with the value... this way it is no longer a function (which will change with time), but the value.

  3. #3
    jhahes
    Guest

    thanks

    Thanks Tad, works great!!!

  4. #4
    Bill Martin
    Guest

    Re: keeping track of time

    jhahes wrote:
    > Is there a simple way to do the following.
    >
    > Just 1 sheet.
    >

    > I want to have a user click a command button and it puts the time at
    > that moment in cell A2. I don't want it to be a now() or today()
    > because when they are done working i want them to click another button
    > that puts the time in cell B2, and my formula will figure the time
    > difference.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >

    > Josh

    Built into Excel is the "Ctrl ;" function. It does what you want. After it
    time stamps the active cell you can format the cell to show date or time or
    whatever it is you wanted.

    Bill

  5. #5
    Myrna Larson