automating jmp thru excel

  1. #1

    automating jmp thru excel

    I am trying to use a macro found on the internet to automate jmp stat
    analysis package through excel.

    http://www.jmp.com/news/jmpercable/0...001/Excel.html
    However, the statement below errors out saying the user-defined type is
    not defined. Can anyone suggest a remedy.

    Public JMPDoc As JMP.Document

    thank you for you time

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: automating jmp thru excel

    I know nothing about jmp but from the line of code and the message I can tell
    that you need to have a reference to the jmp object library added to your
    project. That would be in the VBA editor, go to Tools... References. Scroll
    down the list and see if you can see it listed there. It might appear under
    j for jmp or perhaps under the developer's name. If you have it there, check
    off the checkbox and press OK and you should be set. If not you will need to
    do some research: is the library file supplied with the app? If so, where on
    your disk is the file stored? If not, how do you get it and does it need to
    be licensed.
    --
    - K Dales

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: automating jmp thru excel

    I suspect you need to go into tools=>References in the VBE and find Jmp
    listed in your references. Click the checkbox next to this entry to create
    a reference to it in your workbook. Once you do that, you should be able to
    go to the object browser and a Jmp library listed there. If you do, then
    the code shouldn't cause you a problem.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4