I want to look up a cost but I need two criteria met Vlookup give.

  1. #1
    Scott
    Guest

    I want to look up a cost but I need two criteria met Vlookup give.

    I have a table and want to find One cost but it must meet two values. ie
    Task number plus Labor = Cost or Task number plus material = Cost. Vlookup
    seams to only want to lookup one of the two values then return the cost

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: I want to look up a cost but I need two criteria met Vlookup give.

    You can accomodate VLOOKUP.

    Say you have three columns:

    Task Material Cost

    and you need to specify both task and material to get cost.

    First create a new column and fill it by concatenating Task and Material.
    When you do the lookup, concatenate the values and VLOOKUP the merged inputs
    in the new column. This trick can be expanded to way more than 2 inputs.
    --
    Gary's Student