code error after autorecover fires

  1. #1
    Datasort
    Guest

    code error after autorecover fires

    I am having a problem with a code error after auto recover fires. The code
    takes a hidden template sheet and copies it in the same workbook then renames
    it. The code is:

    Sheets("CLRSZ_Item Template").Copy Before:=Sheets(1)

    Note that the sheet is made visible before it is copied.

    This code works fine before the file has gone thru an auto recover but will
    not work after an auto recover. The testing shows that the problem must be
    with auto recover b/c the timing was set to different times and the error
    only occurred after auto recover fires. I tried 5, 10 ,30 min.

    --
    Stewart Rogers
    DataSort Software, L.C.

  2. #2

    Re: code error after autorecover fires

    Just a guess...

    If excel crashed, maybe it was because of problems with that workbook (some sort
    of corruption).

    Can you take a skinnied down version of the code and workbook and test it. If
    it works ok with that test version, I think it may be time to rebuild that real
    workbook.

    Good luck,