Keep the same center while zooming

  1. #1
    John Keith
    Guest

    Keep the same center while zooming

    How can you maintain the same center while using the Ctrl-mouse-wheel zoom
    feature?

    I have a Spread sheet that is a graphical map with hexagon shapes drawn and
    locked to cells (via odd/even testing to know when to shift the shape down to
    keep the cell and shape with a common center).

    The map is fairly large so the normal zoom is set out to maximum (or would
    that be the minimum setting) usually. When I zoom in... how can I set a
    certain cell to remain at the center of the visible screen through out all
    levels of zoom?

    Having a cell selected and using the scroll_lock feature almost does what is
    needed. But sometimes the selected cell will display on the edge of the
    screen after a zoom-in.

    John

  2. #2
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: Keep the same center while zooming

    Seems to me that the old Excel4Macro has a function to read/set the distance
    from the cell wall to the side of the display window??????

    with zoom event you might be able to recalc and place the target cell very
    close to center?