Protect/Unprotect w/ VBA not working as supposed...

  1. #1
    HBj
    Guest

    Protect/Unprotect w/ VBA not working as supposed...

    Hello,

    My protecting Excel 97 VBA-code is as follows
    With ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MAIN")
    .EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
    .EnableAutoFilter = True
    .Protect Contents:=True, userInterfaceOnly:=True

    One of the Unprotect codes is
    Sheets("Main").Select
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect

    ....but

    ....after unprotect, copy/paste is not possible. What can be wrong with the
    protect code? How can I restore the complete unprotect state?

    HBj

  2. #2
    cush
    Guest

    RE: Protect/Unprotect w/ VBA not working as supposed...

    Is the Unprotect line in the same macro AND preceeding the Protect line?

    If so, is it possible that the code is being bypassed by
    Application.EnableEvents = False

    What happens if you place a breakpoint on the Protect line and
    then run the sub? Does the code break on this line? If not,
    your code is skipping over this area.

  3. #3
    asmenut
    Guest

    RE: Protect/Unprotect w/ VBA not working as supposed...

    Sub UnProtect()
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim SheetCount As Integer
    Dim SheetName As String

    SheetCount = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count

    For i = 1 To SheetCount
    SheetName = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(i).Name
    ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(i).UnProtect
    Next i
    End Sub

    Sub Protect()
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim SheetCount As Integer
    Dim SheetName As String

    SheetCount = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count

    For i = 1 To SheetCount
    SheetName = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(i).Name
    ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(i).Protect
    ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
    Next i
    End Sub

  4. #4
    HBj
    Guest

    Re: Protect/Unprotect w/ VBA not working as supposed...

    I tested those two subs, saved the file to a new file and tested once more:
    Edit/Paste remains grayed. I do not know much about the functioning of the
    protection command options used, but I'm afraid that the options I've used
    should be cancelled by another function than just the plain .Unprotect. Am I
    right?

    HBj

    news:[email protected]...