Read out VBA code from a damaget excel.xls workbook.

  1. #1
    Øyvind
    Guest

    Read out VBA code from a damaget excel.xls workbook.

    I have a workbook that goes "out of focus" in my system. The reason is that a
    macro is looping when excel starts and the computer does not get anny control
    of this workbook.

    I want to read out macrocode from a module and worksheet?
    or
    stop the execution of the workbook when it starts. clt+alt+del does not work,
    I have a MS XP operating system.

    --
    Øyvind

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Read out VBA code from a damaget excel.xls workbook.

    Øyvind,
    Not sure what you mean by "out of focus", but you can stop execution with
    the "Stop" statement, which will put you in Break mode.

    You can open the wb with macros enabled, but not running the _Open macro by
    using Shift + Control when opening.
    Is that what you want ?

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Øyvind
    Guest

    Re: Read out VBA code from a damaget excel.xls workbook.

    Thank you, Out og focus" is that the worbook does not respont to any action.
    The macro starts when the book is opend. Workbook_onload
    Ill tried the VB6 and excel object model, but no cure.
    Best regards.
    --
    Øyvind

  4. #4
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Read out VBA code from a damaget excel.xls workbook.

    Øyvind,
    If it's your macro you rewrite it to do what you want.

  5. #5
    Øyvind
    Guest

    Re: Read out VBA code from a damaget excel.xls workbook.

    I am doing that, and next time i use a backup !!!!!
    --
    Øyvind