Random Sequence with no Duplication

  1. #1

    Talking Random Sequence with no Duplication

    Suppose I start with a list of 100 numbers in sequence, let’s just say 1 to 100 where the number 1 is in cell A1, 2 is in cell A2, 3 is in cell A3 through to the number 100 in cell A100.
    In column B:
    1) I would like to be able to have these numbers listed in random order, with no number appearing more than once and
    2) Have the capability to be able to change this random sequence at any time by performing some simple action.
    Is there any way this can be done in Excel? I am using Excel 2000. Thanks

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Random Sequence with no Duplication

    Yes. In cell B1 put =RAND() and copy down the column.

    Sort by column B and the numbers in column A will re-arranged randomly.
    To repeat this process, just touch F9 and repeat the sort.
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey