Linking access records in to excel

  1. #1
    jho
    Guest

    Linking access records in to excel

    I have an invoice in excel with 4 columns(SKU, DESC, QTY, AMOUNT). I
    want to be able to hit a drop down to select the SKU that is the
    primary key in my access table. Right now I have to type everything
    from scratch in each column when i make an invoice. I've explored
    making another worksheet with all of my data and then for each row
    selecting the appropriate info via a drop down(insert>name>define). In
    this case I have to do it 4 times instead of just once and make sure
    that all of the data across the four columns belongs together. Any
    solutions?jho

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Linking access records in to excel

    That sounds like you are describing and Autofilter found under the data
    menu.

    Data=>Filter=>Autofilter

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...