Compile error: Can't find project or library

  1. #1
    Vince
    Guest

    Compile error: Can't find project or library

    For some reason the code below will no longer work on any PC that I have
    tried it on. This code has been running for about 2 years but now I get the
    message mentioned in the subject. The debugger indicates the problem to be
    the "Format" portion of the statement. I know the IT folks pushed some
    updates of some sort out yesterday, but I don't know if the is related to the
    problem or not. Any suggestions on things to check would really be
    appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Vince

    filename = Range("A8").Text & "-" & strReportType & "-" &
    Format(strIncidentDate, "mm-dd-yyyy")

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Compile error: Can't find project or library

    Hi Vince,

    With the workbook in question the active workbook. run the problematic code

    When the code errors, go to the VBE and select the project in the Project
    Explorer window

    Hit the reset button and look at the Tools | References list

    Look for any references marked as "MISSING".

    Either uncheck the reference or, if the reference is needed, try the browse
    button to locate the library,

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Vince
    Guest

    Re: Compile error: Can't find project or library

    Norman,
    Thank you for the tip, that took care of the problem.