Dynamic Hyperlink

  1. #1

    Dynamic Hyperlink

    Hi:

    I have a cell reference being calculated as a formula. (for example:
    formula in cell C2 results in the string Names!$F$5).

    I need a hyperlink in a cell to link to the address being computed. I
    tried =HYPERLINK(C2,"testlink")

    When I click on the hyperlink 'testlink', I get an error saying "Cannot
    open specified file".

    What am I doing wrong?

    Sameer

  2. #2

    Re: Dynamic Hyperlink

    What's in C2?

    Maybe you need:

    =hyperlink("http://" & c2, "testlink")
    or
    =hyperlink("mailto:" & c2, "testlink")
    or
    =hyperlink("file:////" & c2, "testlink")
    or
    =hyperlink("file:////" & c2 & ".jpg", "testlink")