Use Macro to copy part of text in cell

  1. #1
    PhilipsBernard
    Guest

    Use Macro to copy part of text in cell

    Hi,

    I want to adapt a file of output from SAP. Column B contains text in each
    cell of which I want to cut and paste the first part to Column A. The rest of
    the text in Column B has to remain there. Can anyone help me? Thnx!

  2. #2
    David
    Guest

    RE: Use Macro to copy part of text in cell

    Think we need to know how to recognize what is to be saved in each location
    ie separated bye a space or some special character?
    --
    David

  3. #3
    PhilipsBernard
    Guest

    RE: Use Macro to copy part of text in cell

    Text in column B is formatted either as:
    three spaces followed by "WW01xx" followed by six spaces followed by text
    (which needs to remain in column B), or
    '*' followed by two spaces followed by "xxxxxxx" followed by six spaces
    followed by text (which again needs to remain in Column B).
    I'd like to have the "WW01xx" values and the "xxxxxxx" numbers in column A
    and the text in column B. Is this possible?

    Thnx 4 reply!