Mutli-dimensional Array to Single-Dimension Array

  1. #1
    Blue Aardvark
    Guest

    Mutli-dimensional Array to Single-Dimension Array

    Hello

    I'm trying to take one column (or row - I get confused) out of a 2
    dimensional array and place the data into a one dimensional array.

    I have a array (0 to 10,0 to 40) and would like to obtain an array with the
    data (1,0 to 40) but have no idea what the notation is for this.

  2. #2
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: Mutli-dimensional Array to Single-Dimension Array

    A couple of clarifying questions:

    Are you just trying to extract a subset of your current data?

    Do you want to have an active link to this data, such that if the original
    data changes, the one column/row updates as well?

    Is this just 'data' or are you dealing with numbers that you are performing
    matrix operations on?

    Answer these and the solution will probably be pretty simple.

    Eric
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Blue Aardvark
    Guest

    Re: Mutli-dimensional Array to Single-Dimension Array

    Its pure data. I am trying to make a recordset into the source for a chart.
    So I am turning the recordset into an array and then feeding rows of the
    array into the Charts.SeriesCollection.

  4. #4
    Alan Beban

    Blue Aardvark wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I'm trying to take one column (or row - I get confused) out of a 2
    > dimensional array and place the data into a one dimensional array.
    >
    > I have a array (0 to 10,0 to 40) and would like to obtain an array with the
    > data (1,0 to 40) but have no idea what the notation is for this.

    If the functions in the freely downloadable file at
    http://home.pacbell.net/beban are available to your workbook:

    MyArray1D = ConvertBase(Application.Index(arr, 2, 0), 0)

    Alan Beban