How do I Clear ALL unprotected data entry fields in a protected sh

  1. #1
    bobreese
    Guest

    How do I Clear ALL unprotected data entry fields in a protected sh

    I have desinged a very simple Excel Worksheet for a friend of mine. She wants
    to enter all the hours from a time card on each employee. It has two weeks of
    data to enter so she can easily figure her payroll for each employee. It
    looks something like this:

    Column 1 Column 2 Colum 3 etc.
    AM Time In Data Entry Same for next 6 employees
    AM Time Out Data Out Same for next 6 employees
    Total AM Protected Formula
    PM Time In Data Entry Same for next 6 employees
    PM Time out Data Entry Same for next 6 employees
    Total PM Protected Formula
    Totoal Hours Protected Formula

    This is repeated for 2 weeks. All Fields are protected and locked except for
    Data Entry Fields. My problem is, I would like to clear the sheet after the
    payroll has been made and printed. If you have the work sheet protected, I
    have no way to clear all the Data Entry fields at once. The only way I can do
    it is to dlete each field individually as selecting all will not work on the
    unproted Data Entry fields.

    Please help. I have completed all the work except for this one item.

  2. #2
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: How do I Clear ALL unprotected data entry fields in a protected sh

    select the cells and give them a range name, i just used data

    then this will clear those cells

    ActiveSheet.Range("data").Clear

    --

    Gary

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    cush
    Guest

    RE: How do I Clear ALL unprotected data entry fields in a protected sh

    With Gary's solution you will need to select a large number of individual
    cells and then name the aggregate ( a bit of a nusance).
    The following will ease the task.

    First select the entire table (without any labels - just the data) and name
    it, something like
    TimeSheetData

    Then use the following macro:

    Option Explicit

    Sub ClearData()
    Range("TimeSheetData").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).ClearContents
    End Sub

    This will clear all non-formula cells.

  4. #4
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: How do I Clear ALL unprotected data entry fields in a protected sh

    this wouldn't work for me with the sheet protected

    --

    Gary

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    cush
    Guest

    Re: How do I Clear ALL unprotected data entry fields in a protecte

    sorry. try this

    Sub ClearData()
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect "Password"
    Range("TimeSheetData").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).ClearContents
    ActiveSheet.Protect "Password"
    End Sub

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How do I Clear ALL unprotected data entry fields in a protected sh

    for each cell in Range(B:T).SpecialCells(xlConstants)
    if cell.locked = False then
    cell.ClearContents
    end if
    Next