Using Older versions of ms excel with 2003

  1. #1
    BassJay
    Guest

    Using Older versions of ms excel with 2003

    Im currently using an older version of excel at college to study VBA.
    I have semi completed my project have sent it home for some tweaks.
    BUT
    MS excel 2003 wont show my calander and is having trouble with a few other
    aspects including timer formats.
    Is there a way round this at all?
    Any help would much appreciated

  2. #2
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: Using Older versions of ms excel with 2003

    In general xL is forwards compatible but several libraries and objects such
    as the calendar need to change to alternative versions. Also some functions
    have additional parameters that trip the later version up because they are
    missing and not required in the earlier version.

    I have not found an easy way around this and tend to develop in xl2002
    although the target is xl98 - I then correct any issues in the target
    application to make a working version. Fixes to code I make in the xl98
    version are then adapted in xl2002. The library references still have to be
    changed manually unless you keep two versions!

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

    news:[email protected]...