UPPER / LOWER function VBA

  1. #1
    Bret
    Guest

    UPPER / LOWER function VBA

    In a standard spreadsheet, user has option to use Excel's built-in function:
    "Upper" and "Lower" to change the case of the text. However in VBA code,
    using the "application.worksheetfunction" syntax, there is no selection for
    UPPER and LOWER, why is this? Is there another way to use this function in
    VBA? I need to convert all string variables in my code to UPPER case but
    have hit a wall with this.
    Please help.

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: UPPER / LOWER function VBA

    UCase and LCase....
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: UPPER / LOWER function VBA

    and for proper you would use application.proper

    but rather than reinventing the wheel you can probably simply make use
    of the macros in
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm
    which work from a selection and that selection is further restricted by
    Special Cells and no matter what is used in Special Cells as arguments,
    SpecialCells will also restrict to the used range. So you won't have
    to worry about selecting an entire column and taking 3 minutes per
    column to process an almost empty sheet.
    ---
    HTH,