Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Date and Time Picker resizing itself

  1. #1
    Steve
    Guest

    Date and Time Picker resizing itself

    I set up a Date and Time picker object and have it working fine. The problem
    is that when I close the excel workbook and then reopen it, the Date and Time
    picker has resized itself. It is then too narrow and too tall.
    To fix it, I go back to design mode and it returns to the correct height,
    then I can move any of the handles to resize just a smidge and it is fine
    again until I close the document, and yes I am saving before I close the
    document.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: Date and Time Picker resizing itself

    object??
    is it a control?
    properties > don't resize with cells?

  3. #3
    Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Date and Time Picker resizing itself

    Same issue here...

    When i close and then reopen the sheet, my time and date picker control box changes size and no longer matches the cell its covering.

    Zooming in and out makes it go back to normal but to someone using the sheet and dosent know that it just looks like a formating mistake.

  4. #4
    Melbourne, Australia
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: Date and Time Picker resizing itself

    I am having the same issue also - have changed the properties to each of the options for resizing with cells, and the same thing happens each time, have also removed any background colour, clicking on the box in design mode and moving it slightly fixes the problem, but as soon as it is saved and reopened the resizing occurs again, the box works fine either way - it just looks bad, I am trying to impress the boss at a new job and this is not very impressive!

    I emailed to a friend and they didn't see any problems, so could it be a hardware or setup problem?

    Would appreciate any tips or suggestions

  5. #5
    Forum Expert royUK's Avatar
    Derbyshire,UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Xp; 2007; 2010
    Posts
    26,200

    Re: Date and Time Picker resizing itself

    Your post does not comply with Rule 2 of our Forum RULES. Don't post a question in the thread of another member -- start your own thread. If you feel it's particularly relevant, provide a link to the other thread. It makes sense to have a new thread for your question because a thread with numerous replies can be off putting & difficult to pick out relevant replies.

    There's some free non-activeX tools here
    Hope that helps.

    RoyUK
    --------
    For Excel Tips & Solutions, free examples and tutorials why not check out my web site

    Free DataBaseForm example

Closed Thread