Combo box

  1. #1

    Combo box

    Hi,

    Could someone please tell me why the data from the combo box is not being added into the path of the file name in the following code?

    Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

    Workbooks.Open Filename:="S:\AHCA Report 04-05\Michael\Prior year information\6\" & <value from dropdown> & ".xls"

    Michael

  2. #2
    JakeyC
    Guest

    Re: Combo box

    The code that you have omitted is kind of crucial to see where the
    error is!

    How you arrive at <value from dropdown> is what determines your code's
    success.

  3. #3

    Re: Combo box

    Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

    Workbooks.Open _
    Filename:="S:\AHCA Report 04-05\Michael\Prior year information\6\" _
    & combobox1.value & ".xls"

    End Sub

    What were you using for <value from dropdown>?

  4. #4

    Talking Thank you!

    Thanks a lot for your help! combobox1.value was what I needed.