Making Microsoft Graph objects invisible

  1. #1
    TonyV
    Guest

    Making Microsoft Graph objects invisible

    Hi everyone.
    I am working with VFP 9.0 and some Word and Excel documents. I have the
    visibility on both documents set to .F. in my code. Both of them remain
    hidden during execution. The problem pops up when some scoring is being done
    on the excel sheet and graphs are built. I get a new window for every graph
    that is generated popping up on the screen, though both Word and the Excel
    worksheet are hidden.

    I have been searching the net and help files for hours now. I am looking
    for a way to make those Microsoft Graph windos never, ever, show up.

    Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Making Microsoft Graph objects invisible

    Tony,

    Probably too simplistic, but have you tried setting your Excel application object's ScreenUpdating
    property to False?

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    TonyV
    Guest

    Re: Making Microsoft Graph objects invisible

    Bernie,
    I have tried setting my goExcel.screenupdating = .F., but it seems to have
    no effect.

    The graphs are linked objects within a Word document / template. I have
    tried setting my goWord object also for false screenupdating. Still no luck.

    Maybe I am not adding that in the right spot? I am doing:

    goexcel = CREATEOBJECT('Excel.Application')
    goexcel.screenupdating = .F.
    goexcel.visible = .F.

    Same with Word.

    Tony

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Making Microsoft Graph objects invisible

    Tony,

    Sorry, I'm just not that familiar with controllong Excel from other applications. Is the .F. being
    correctly interpreted by the Excel application? Is that a declared boolean constant set to equal