Copy from Excel to a table in Powerpoint

  1. #1
    Sadia
    Guest

    Copy from Excel to a table in Powerpoint

    I have an excel file. I want to copy data from this excel file into a
    ppt file. But this ppt file has a table on it's slide. I want to copy
    from excel to a specific cell in the ppt's table.

    I just know that you can paste in a Shape in ppt but how can I paste in
    a specific cell in ppt?

    thanks
    Sadia

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Copy from Excel to a table in Powerpoint

    You might try pasting the Excel table as a picture:

    1. In Excel, while holding down the SHIFT key, pull-down Copy > Picture
    2. In PowerPoint, just paste.

    Because you have pasted a picture, you can move it around, re-size it to fit
    within the PowerPoint table cell.
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Sadia
    Guest

    Re: Copy from Excel to a table in Powerpoint

    Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention one thing that I am trying
    to do the above using an excel macro.
    I want the macro to copy contents of a cell from excel and paste them
    in a specific cell in ppt's table.
    Is that even possible?
    thanks again,
    Sadia