Using VBA to select applications...

  1. #1

    Using VBA to select applications...

    I'm trying to write a macro that activates or selects a non microsoft
    application that is running but can't quite figure out how to make VBA
    know which application to select.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: Using VBA to select applications...

    what application do you want to call??????????????

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Using VBA to select applications...

    Dennis

    Investigate the use of the "Shell" command.

    Sub Internet_Explorer()
    Dim taskID As Variant
    On Error Resume Next
    taskID = Shell("start iexplore.exe")
    If Err <> 0 Then _
    MsgBox "IEXPLORE.EXE is not installed on your machine."
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Chip Pearson