Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

progress box while macro is running

  1. #1

    progress box while macro is running

    I've looked around and here's what I'm wondering:

    I've got some code (BTW, thanks to everyone who's been helping me out
    in here. I REALLY appreciate it. You know who you are! ) that
    runs a pretty lenghty marcro.

    example:
    sub mySub ()

    Dim {some variables}
    SourceData = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls),
    *.xls")
    Set wb = Workbooks.Open(SourceData)

    {here's where I'd like the progress box to come up}

    {quite a bit of data and file manipulation. no user input in here}

    {progress box shows 100% and closes}

    End Sub.

    I've seen one thing in here
    (http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c6c56738d22460)
    but couldn't make sense of "Modal" in the comment section. Or even
    how, in a userform, to design something that would have an incrimenting
    progress bar (or not) and just a window saying please wait.

    Any ideas? I've got one (just thought of it while I was typing, but
    it's late and I"ve got to go eat. oh yeah, wife and kids too!). I"ll
    put my idea in here (working or not) later.

    Then, if anyone can, hack it up and we'll see.

    Thanks!
    -Michael

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: progress box while macro is running

    This code by John Walkenbach is pretty straight forward:

    Display a Progress Bar
    Tom Ogilvy

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've looked around and here's what I'm wondering:
    >
    > I've got some code (BTW, thanks to everyone who's been helping me out
    > in here. I REALLY appreciate it. You know who you are! ) that
    > runs a pretty lenghty marcro.
    >
    > example:
    > sub mySub ()
    >
    > Dim {some variables}
    > SourceData = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls),
    > *.xls")
    > Set wb = Workbooks.Open(SourceData)
    >
    > {here's where I'd like the progress box to come up}
    >
    > {quite a bit of data and file manipulation. no user input in here}
    >
    > {progress box shows 100% and closes}
    >
    > End Sub.
    >
    > I've seen one thing in here

    (http://groups.google.com/group/micro...sdaovba/browse
    _thread/thread/dbc4b64a0009e2cb/14c6c56738d22460?lnk=st&q=%22progress+box%22
    +VBA+excel&rnum=2&hl=en#14c6c56738d22460)

  3. #3
    Robin Hammond
    Guest

    Re: progress box while macro is running

    Mine is fairly simple to use if you want:

    http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...rogressBar.htm

    Robin Hammond
    www.enhanceddatasystems.com

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've looked around and here's what I'm wondering:
    >
    > I've got some code (BTW, thanks to everyone who's been helping me out
    > in here. I REALLY appreciate it. You know who you are! ) that
    > runs a pretty lenghty marcro.
    >
    > example:
    > sub mySub ()
    >
    > Dim {some variables}
    > SourceData = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls),
    > *.xls")
    > Set wb = Workbooks.Open(SourceData)
    >
    > {here's where I'd like the progress box to come up}
    >
    > {quite a bit of data and file manipulation. no user input in here}
    >
    > {progress box shows 100% and closes}
    >
    > End Sub.
    >
    > I've seen one thing in here
    > (http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c6c56738d22460)
    > but couldn't make sense of "Modal" in the comment section. Or even
    > how, in a userform, to design something that would have an incrimenting
    > progress bar (or not) and just a window saying please wait.
    >
    > Any ideas? I've got one (just thought of it while I was typing, but
    > it's late and I"ve got to go eat. oh yeah, wife and kids too!). I"ll
    > put my idea in here (working or not) later.
    >
    > Then, if anyone can, hack it up and we'll see.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > -Michael

Closed Thread