Help with Progress indicator script

  1. #1
    Les Stout
    Guest

    Help with Progress indicator script

    Hi all, i have some code that inserts some folders on the c drive and
    then a shortcut on the desktop and checks that a certain drive is
    mapped, this takes a while and i am trying to add a progress indicator.
    I have got J. Walkenbachs's book with the CD and have seen his code,
    however the counter updates with the loop, but my code hase no loop ?
    Would one have to put updates at certain stages in the code to update
    the progress indicator ? or how would one do it ?

    Les Stout

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Help with Progress indicator script

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Hi all, i have some code that inserts some folders on the c drive and
    > then a shortcut on the desktop and checks that a certain drive is
    > mapped, this takes a while and i am trying to add a progress indicator.
    > I have got J. Walkenbachs's book with the CD and have seen his code,
    > however the counter updates with the loop, but my code hase no loop ?
    > Would one have to put updates at certain stages in the code to update
    > the progress indicator ? or how would one do it ?
    >
    > Les Stout

    If I understand you correctly, yes, you would put the progress bar
    updates at appropriate stages in your code.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Help with Progress indicator script

    Les,

    These type of progress indicators are designed to be controlled from within
    your code, all they do is echo the progress value that they are told about,
    and it is your code that informs the indicator of the progress at any stage.
    By your description, the elapsed time is not in your code as such but in the
    opearting system functions. If you are making many calls (inserting many
    folders, etc.) you could put a call to the progress indicator after each
    one.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Les Stout
    Guest

    Re: Help with Progress indicator script

    Thanks Bob, that makes sense and clearer for me to understand.

    Les Stout