Null To Zero - ODBC Error - Undefined function 'Nz' in Expression

  1. #1
    Nancy
    Guest

    Null To Zero - ODBC Error - Undefined function 'Nz' in Expression

    I'm trying to Import Data into Excel from an Access Query that uses the Nz
    function. I'm getting an error before the data even appears in Excel. Error
    is "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Undefined function 'Nz' in
    expression."

    I've read the email string submittted by DEI on 10/17/05 but think this is a
    different problem. Any ideas how I can overcome the error?

    Thanks,
    Nancy

  2. #2
    quartz
    Guest

    RE: Null To Zero - ODBC Error - Undefined function 'Nz' in Expression

    Nancy,

    I don't know if this will fix your issue, but you may try going into the VBE
    and go to <Tools> then <References> then check "Microsoft Access X.X Object
    Library" where X.X is the highest version number available.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Nancy
    Guest

    RE: Null To Zero - ODBC Error - Undefined function 'Nz' in Express

    I tried that but nothing changed. By the way, I'm using the built-in Import
    Data function in Excel.

    Thanks anyway.

  4. #4
    quartz
    Guest

    RE: Null To Zero - ODBC Error - Undefined function 'Nz' in Express

    In that case, I'm not sure what is going on except that maybe Excel via the
    ODBC driver doesn't recognize NZ. The only other thing I can think of would
    be to switch from NZ to IIF instead?

    HTH