Set an Input Mask with Data Validation??

  1. #1
    Rob
    Guest

    Set an Input Mask with Data Validation??

    I want to set data validation on cells to only allow:

    C-###-#####-#### (# is any digit)

    Is there a way I can use the equivalent of an Input Mask, or do I have to
    write a big long formula?

    Thanks
    Rob

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Set an Input Mask with Data Validation??

    I can't think of anything that supports this without a formula, but try this
    one with Data=>Validation, Custom

    =AND(LEFT(A1,1)="C",LEN(A1)=16,ISNUMBER(SUBSTITUTE(RIGHT(A1,14),"-","")*1),L
    EN(SUBSTITUTE(RIGHT(A1,14),"-",""))=12)

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...