Selective Data

  1. #1

    Selective Data

    Is there a way for me to match all the cels in a column and return only the cells that do not show a zero into a new column?

  2. #2
    That wasn't very well explained. I have a 3 columns of data containing 1000 rows. Each cell shows either a zero or a name of a case, case number or a name of a person working a case. I desperately need a sub or a formula to traspose all of the non zero data to another refined cell range. Can anyone help?

  3. #3

    Re: Selective Data

    Are you trying to make a single column list?

    If yes,

    Start a new worksheet
    copy the first column into A1 of that new sheet
    copy the second column at the bottom of the first list (on the new worksheet)
    then do the same with the third

    Then you can sort this new giant list column and delete the cells with 0.

  4. #4
    Kleev
    Guest

    Re: Selective Data

    This probably is not exactly what you wanted, but it was hard to tell exactly
    what you wanted. I put in some test data as such:
    0 20 Stan
    10253 0 Joe
    0 0 Ralph
    101 0 0
    102 21 Ralph
    0 0 0
    103 0 0
    104 22 0
    0 23 Stan
    and then ran the following sub:
    Sub myTest()
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    Dim StartRow As Integer, Finalrow As Integer
    Dim TestVar As Variant, NewVar As String
    Dim i As Integer, j As Integer
    Dim Found As Boolean
    Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("sheet1")
    StartRow = 1
    Finalrow = ws.Range("a" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    For i = StartRow To Finalrow
    NewVar = ""
    Found = False
    For j = 1 To 3
    TestVar = ws.Cells(i, j).Value
    If TestVar <> 0 Then
    NewVar = NewVar & " " & TestVar
    Found = True
    End If
    Next j
    If Found Then
    ws.Cells(i, 4).Value = Trim(NewVar)
    End If
    Next i
    End Sub
    and ended up with this (which is possibly what you wanted
    0 20 Stan 20 Stan
    10253 0 Joe 10253 Joe
    0 0 Ralph Ralph
    101 0 0 101