I lost my macros!

  1. #1
    Mark E. Deardorff
    Guest

    I lost my macros!

    I have a spreadsheet that I wrote a few years ago that used a couple of VBA
    macros. The macros performed a regula falsi root find. The problem is that I
    cannot find the macros to view and modify them. I have opened the VBA editor
    and opened the but cannot find the macros in "Sheet1" or "This Workbook". I
    am stuck trying to find them. (BTW, the calculations are being performed so
    that I know these macros are somewhere!)

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: I lost my macros!

    In the VB editor hit Ctrl + F (find). Now select Entire Project option
    button. Now try to find anything (the Letter A or something like that...)
    That would be one easy way of finding the code.

    In the VBE you need to double click on the sheet or module in the Explorer
    to see the code... That might be the reason you are not seeing the code.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Mark E. Deardorff
    Guest

    RE: I lost my macros!

    I had the sheet and module open and used Find with no luck. Where O where
    could they be?

  4. #4
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: I lost my macros!

    Set your macro security to medium if it is not already. When you open the
    workbook you should be prompted to enable macros. if you are not prompted
    then there are no macros in the book. In this case any macro execution must
    be coming from an addin. I assume you have checked in any forms or modules
    (this should have been picked up in the find)?
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson