Script problem - Help please

  1. #1
    Les Stout
    Guest

    Script problem - Help please

    Hi, Tom Ogilvy kindly gave me the code below, which works fantastic. All
    i need is that if it does not find a value it must leave the cell that
    it is copying to blank, at the moment it is putting in a zero. So in
    other words i only need it to copy the cells with a value in.
    Could somebody please give some advice how i can change the code?

    Sub LookupsAA()

    Dim myLookUpRng As Range
    Dim i As Long
    Dim NumRows As Long
    Dim LastRow As Long
    Range("D4").Select
    With Workbooks(SuppFileNameC).Worksheets(SheetName)
    Set myLookUpRng = .Range("D:N")
    End With
    LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Row
    NumRows = LastRow - 3
    With Cells(4,L).Resize(NumRows)
    .Formula = "=Vlookup(D4," & _
    myLookupRng.Address(1,1,xlA1,True) & ",9,0)"
    .Value = .Value
    End With
    With Cells(4,M).Resize(NumRows)
    .Formula = "=Vlookup(D4," & _
    myLookupRng.Address(1,1,xlA1,True) & ",10,0)"
    .Value = .Value
    End with
    With Cells(4,"L").Resize(NumRows)
    .Font.ColorIndex = 3
    .Font.bold = True
    End With
    Range("A4").Select
    CloseForm2
    End Sub

    Les Stout

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Script problem - Help please

    I've not done this with VBA, but I've done it with the regular EXCEL
    formulas. Maybe you can figure out how to get it to work in VBA.

    This formula will fill in a "" if there is nothing found.

    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D4,LookupRange,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(D4,LookupRange,2,FALSE))

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Script problem - Help please

    It may be as simple as Tools/Options - View tab, and uncheck 'Zeros'.

    Mike F

  4. #4
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: Script problem - Help please

    replace
    .Value = .Value
    with
    If .Value = 0 then .value = ""
    .Value = .Value

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Script problem - Help please

    Just add this line after all the main work has been done

    Cells(4, l).Resize(NumRows, 2).Replace "0", ""

    RP

  6. #6
    Les Stout
    Guest

    Re: Script problem - Help please

    Thanks all for the input. Bob, rather like your suggestion and shall try
    it out at work tomorrow.

    best regards,

    Les Stout