VB to print one sheet twice, double-sided?

  1. #1
    StargateFanFromWork
    Guest

    VB to print one sheet twice, double-sided?

    It's a strange request, perhaps, but I keep coming across this problem:
    special forms I have need to be printed double-sided. What I've done all
    these years is to request that the sheet be printed X-number of times and
    then I turn the printed forms over and put them in the manual input tray and
    send the print job again for the same number of copies as just printed. It
    would be so neat if I could just click on the button that says, "print 10
    copies double-sided" or whatever.

    Is this even possible, though? I've thought through other solutions but
    everything I've come up with just wouldn't work, I believe (i.e., having 2
    copies of the same sheet. I've never figured out how to get 2 sheets to
    print one one side, and the other on the flip side!). No, the very best
    solution would be to somehow get XL2K to send the job twice but print the
    job double-sided. Must admit that I've also tried sending the job 2 and
    double-printed but XL2K didn't like that and nothing short of the manual way
    above has ever worked.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    StargateFan
    Guest

    Re: VB to print one sheet twice, double-sided?

    On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:50:41 -0500, "StargateFanFromWork"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It's a strange request, perhaps, but I keep coming across this problem:
    >special forms I have need to be printed double-sided. What I've done all
    >these years is to request that the sheet be printed X-number of times and
    >then I turn the printed forms over and put them in the manual input tray and
    >send the print job again for the same number of copies as just printed. It
    >would be so neat if I could just click on the button that says, "print 10
    >copies double-sided" or whatever.
    >
    >Is this even possible, though? I've thought through other solutions but
    >everything I've come up with just wouldn't work, I believe (i.e., having 2
    >copies of the same sheet. I've never figured out how to get 2 sheets to
    >print one one side, and the other on the flip side!). No, the very best
    >solution would be to somehow get XL2K to send the job twice but print the
    >job double-sided. Must admit that I've also tried sending the job 2 and
    >double-printed but XL2K didn't like that and nothing short of the manual way
    >above has ever worked.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Can this be done, or am I wishing for the impossible? <g>

  3. #3

    Re: VB to print one sheet twice, double-sided?

    So the form is identical on both sides?

    Maybe you could just duplicate the data and then print it back to back.

    One way that might make it easier for updates:

    Select the range that encompasses the form
    edit|copy
    Select a cell below that range
    shift edit|paste picture link

    Now when you update the real form, the picture will update, too.

    (Remember to add a page break where you need it.)

  4. #4
    StargateFan

  5. #5