damaged file

  1. #1
    Pierre via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    damaged file

    Hi experts,

    i've made an application with userforms and a few sheets.
    it works fine for me.

    however, if i copy the file to another pc and try to start it, i get the
    message that the file is damaged and cannot be started.

    How can i get the file fixed again? Do i have to compile it or.....?
    Thanks for any suggestions !
    Pierre

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: damaged file

    Just copy it again. Make sure you can open it on the computer where it
    was originally created and that it is really closed before the copy.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <56b3235374dd6@uwe>, u13950@uwe says...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: damaged file

    First, this assumes the versions of excel are the same.

    If you have xl2002 or later, there should be a built in capability to
    attempt to fix the file.

    In addition.
    If it is working on your computer I would make a backup and only work with
    the backup in case there really is a problem or the problem gets work. In
    fact, it might be time to build a new file by exporting/importing and
    copying.

    If a copy of the new file exhibits the same behavior on the other machine,
    then it could be a problem with the other machine.

    Tom Ogilvy

  4. #4
    Pierre via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: damaged file

    Hi Bob,

    Thanks for your input !
    i built my appl. on a excel 2003 version and tried to run it on a 2002 and
    2000 version of excel...both locked up...

    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Pierre

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: damaged file

    As a general rule, develop on the oldest version of excel that will run the
    code.

    Try exporting all your code into files and make a copy of your workbook with
    no code. Go to the oldest version of excel, and Open the workbook, then try
    importing the code modules.

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy